Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Nice Weekend


Well, this weekend was fantastic!

After plotting out my painting, I went with Josh to spend a work-day with David Chelsea at his home. What a lovely time! David Chelsea has wonderful taste in music and a lovely home... :) His wife Eve is sweet, too! I managed to paint my painting there and also spend some time with some very talented people... it was a blast!

I also managed to get a lot done today (more personal things, like laundry and grocery shopping) but it's always nice when Monday comes along and you know you accomplished a lot over the weekend. I'm sure when I am able to take on freelancing or children's books more fulltime, there may not really be a "weekend" per say, but I still enjoy the feeling of it.

In any case, I hope you all like the painting... It's not perfect, but it was fun to do... and I like these two characters quite a bit. Maybe someday I can get something written for them... who knows! :)

6 comments:

theartofpuro said...

I love it!And the characters are adorable!They will be perfect for a children book!

Jamie Meckel said...

love the painting mai!!! i am officially stalking you!!

pauline said...

waow, love your work!

Kaylovesvintage said...

love your work

Eric Scales said...

Very cute Mai!

Paige Keiser said...

A living, breathing town/street scene--well done! I've always wanted to paint a scene like this but I'm afraid it's one of those subjects I have a hard time with. Did you make up all those buildings or use some references? Wonderful painting!