Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Portrait/Painting


I finished the painting I was supposed to do a long time ago for a family member that requested a "portrait" of her two daughters as faeries...
This morning Josh was out front and saw a squirrel running up and down the tree in front of our apartment...which got me thinking!

I still have to get it framed and then ship it to her, but I do hope they like it.

On a totally different note, the first day of Fall is Tuesday of next week (if I am correct) which is exciting because it is my favorite season. After our first year here in Portland, Josh and I feel better prepared for the winter as well. We plan on stocking up more on wood so our heating/electric bill isn't so steep. It is nice to get the seasons though... :)

There are pumpkins at the grocery store, now, too!
:)

I now can focus on other things that I feel I need to improve in my portfolio as well as get my submissions packets all ready to go... the only problem is juggling all of this Dental work I am needing to have done. It's sad that for so many years I could not afford dental insurance and now with my day job, I finally have it, but even then... I STILL can't really properly afford it. Sigh.
I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Well, in any case, hope every one is in high spirits!!

6 comments:

chris.k said...

So cool that you're going to experience actual seasons up there~
I likes the scale on the squirrel painting~

Mai Kemble said...

you could experience them too if you came up.... heheheheheheh!!! :D oh snap!

theartofpuro said...

Love it! It's an amazing illo ,love the characters and the colours.
And good luck with your dental work

Joshua Kemble Illustrations said...

That painting is fabulous... I love the squirrel :)

Mai Kemble said...

Thanks guys!

WilsonW said...

Do you know the kind of love those fairies must be giving for that squirrel to be so nice? LOL! Very well handled Mai! I also like the scale of the squirrel in comparison to the fairies and your use of color is light and airy and adds to the tone and storytelling of the image. Well done!

-Wilson