Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Revised


I ended up messing around with this image on Photoshop because I was a little unhappy with the colors I painted it... I think this version is much better...
??
I need to get better sleep... too much going on in my head regarding finances, my dog, and just general jitters-in-the=night!
I don't like using Photoshop, but when I want to mess with the colors without messing up a painting, I admit, it is useful.
Painting by hand is so much more rewarding, though.  I doubt that red would've picked up much enough to get a nice greenish-yellow that I wanted to test for the bushes.
Oh well.  I hope my twin, Mei, likes this one.

4 comments:

Kevin Morrison said...

The question that popped into my head, before actually reading the post, was how do you revise a water color without starting from scratch.

I really need to learn photoshop one day.

I thought of Wind in the Willows when I first saw this one.

theartofpuro said...

Wonderful illo and I agree with you about using photoshop

NateTheGreat said...

This is a beautiful piece, Mai! It really makes me think about my time in elementary, when all I would do is read these types of books. This type being awesome, of course. :-)

Natascha Rosenberg said...

I prefer this version with green! I see Photoshop only as another tool. And we should use it. Makes life easier!
Keep the good work!